Manholes are defined as a confined space and can suffer from both neglect over the years and also serious chemical attack from hydrogen sulphide gas (H2S).
Once H2S has formed, it has the ability to corrode various materials in sewer construction resulting in the need for manhole refurbishment.
Problems that lead to manhole lining
- Low flow rates – these can lead to large amounts of gas being formed.
- Stagnant water – can be the catalyst to chemical reactions between water and oxygen.
- Hydrogen sulphide gas (H2S) – problems can arrise from odour and corrosion
Manholes that have suffered from years of neglect and chemical attack can be completely refurbished with a high quality lining at a fraction of the cost, avoiding the inconvenience of replacing the whole manhole chamber.
All of our workers are familiar with the risks of confined spaces in contact with wastewater and are breathing apparatus (BA) trained with the appropriate safety practices providing a safe manhole lining refurbishment service.
What to expect from manhole lining
On completion, the manhole lining will be:
- Leak tight from manhole water infiltration
- Chemical resistant to degradation
- Smooth to avoid trapping debris that causes re-occurring blockages within the system.
What we excel in
- Hydrogen sulphide gas (H2S) resistant manhole liners
- Coatings resistant to a range of trade effluent
- Structural rebuilds of defective manholes and lining systems
- Leakage resistant & water infiltration solutions
- Environmentally friendly solutions
Contact us online now or call us on 0115 933 5010